Home Page

Two Year Funding

Free Childcare for 2 year olds!

If you have a child who is two you could qualify for up to 15 hours of free childcare a week.

It is available to:

  • Working families with a household income of less than £16,190 a year and receiving Working Tax Credits and/or Child Tax Credits.
  • Families in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
  • Income Support
  • Income based job seeker's allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of the State pension Credit

If you are unsure, simply fill in the online form at


The funding can be used with a variety of providers, including:

  • Child-minders
  • Pre-schools
  • Nurseries

Early learning and childcare is great for children as they can learn through play, make new friends, try different activities and get a good start in education.


When does the funding start?

The term after your child's 2nd birthday.

If you child is two between:

January 1st - March 31st - they will start After the Easter holidays

April 1st - August 31st - they will start in September

September 1st - December 31st - they will start in January


We also offer free childcare to two year olds who:

  • are children in care
  • have a current statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan.
  • have left care through special guardianship, an adoption placement or child arrangement order (residence order)
  • are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance


I've filled in the eligibility form. What happens next?

If you qualify, we will send you a funding approval letter which you can take to the provider of your choice and make arrangements for your child to start.


There are lots of ways to find out about free childcare for your two year old, you can:

Go to

Text* "Child" to 86555

email at

or call the team on 01629 539316/01629 539317/ 01629 539319


You need to have your National Insurance Number handy. You will also need your child's name and date of birth.


Providers need to be graded as Good or Outstanding by Ofsted (the office for Standards in Education)