The staff at the Nursery School recognise that for children under the age of five, the most important teachers are, in fact, their parents.
Parents want their child to have the very best start in life and the staff at Nursery are always available for advice and suggestions and to liaise with you.
Children who come to the Nursery School generally meet their teacher for the first time in their own homes, as this is the place they feel most secure and confident. Parents are encouraged to share their knowledge of their own child with the teacher and key person, so that together the child’s life at Nursery can be both satisfying and successful.
The Nursery School provides many opportunities for parental involvement, some of which involve commitment from parents.
These are: -
1. Attendance, wherever possible at the “Meet and Greet” evening in the term prior to admission to the Nursery School.
2. Attending with your child when settling him/her in a morning or afternoon of your choosing.
3. Parents/staff consultations regarding your child’s progress and future planning. You will be able to tell us what your child can do and plan next steps for the future.
4. Accessing the Tapestry Online Learning Journals so you can see what your child has been learning at Nursery and also share what they have been doing at home.
5. Parental questionnaire and interviews to find out how we are meeting your needs and requirements.
6. Joining us on trips and visits
Other opportunities for involvement include becoming a parent helper or governor, attending parent groups, assisting with fundraising, participating in special celebrations and events.
Please remember that parents are always welcome to come to nursery and join in our activities.
We have a Code of Conduct for parents which will be shared with you when your child starts nursery.